PDA

View Full Version : New project

ICUDIEN
11-19-2009, 09:16 PM
Ok guys this is my first Savage project I have a LRPV in 22-250 with a 12 twist(Why???) Mine is one of the first ones that didn't even come with the "target Accu-trigger" So now I am going to turn it into a 6BR. Well I was wondering if I should Get a barrel first or send it off to SSS for a T&T job with there new evolution trigger. I was kinda leaning towards the barrel option because then with the budget I'm on I could still be shooting.

JCalhoun
11-19-2009, 09:23 PM
The target Accutrigger is a sham. You will be better with the real target trigger.

Contact SSS about the lead time and prices on the T&T and trigger work. In the mean time shoot it until they call you for it.

ICUDIEN
11-19-2009, 09:33 PM
I'm also gonna sell original barrel so I dont want to put any more rounds down it then it has now. How long is the typical wait for the T&T job?

Peter_Kirch
11-19-2009, 10:46 PM
Atleast 90 days. I just got my T&T job ordered and it is going to be january she said.

Blue Avenger
11-19-2009, 11:18 PM
that is way shorter then the 9 mo when they first started. the list was long in the beginning. ( 4 years ago)

ICUDIEN
11-20-2009, 12:40 AM
Wow! I wasn't expecting that. lol Ok I guess I'll do the barrel thing first then. ok thanks alot guys.

dolomite_supafly
11-20-2009, 08:11 AM
Buy their Competition trigger. I have one and it is easy to install, adjust and gets me down light enough to shoot really well. They can be bought pretty much anywhere if you don't want to wait and want a much better trigger than anything offered by Savage. It was good enough before the Evolution trigger.

Dolomite

fatdaddy
11-20-2009, 06:02 PM
I ordered the comp trigger last friday. I got it in the mail today. Good trigger, fast shipping. She said they were a "fresh batch" so I must have called at just the right time. Bill