PDA

View Full Version : Stevens model hole spacing

carpet1
12-29-2011, 07:51 PM
What is the action bolt spacing on the model 20. Is the long action same as short action?

82boy
12-29-2011, 09:50 PM
What is the action bolt spacing on the model 20. Is the long action same as short action?

Whats a model 20? If you mean a 200 they come in both long and short actions, and they was made before and after the magazine change so they could be one of three different bolt spacings. (Just like the savage guns.)

stangfish
12-29-2011, 11:06 PM

No. All long actions are the same 5.06 with different mag box dimensions(different stocks but adaptable either way). Short actions come in 4.4 center feed and 4.27 stagger feed depending on Manufacture date and not interchangable without some effort.

carpet1
12-30-2011, 12:00 AM
I meant model 200. didn't hit enough numbers. I am looking at a new 25-06, to make into a f class rifle. New barrel, stock, trigger. I am leaning toward a 6.5 swede which would need a long action. But I need to buy a stock that would work in the long action

GaCop
12-30-2011, 06:46 AM
I meant model 200. didn't hit enough numbers. I am looking at a new 25-06, to make into a f class rifle. New barrel, stock, trigger. I am leaning toward a 6.5 swede which would need a long action. But I need to buy a stock that would work in the long action

Plenty of long action stocks available...........for the older staggerfeed but not a lot for the centerfeed. You can always go the detachable mag route or, the easiest is go with a single shot follower from Sharp Shooter Supply, it fits into the magazine cutout and is held by friction or you can attach it using a little epoxy for strength.