PDA

View Full Version : Something to remember when changing from a Choate Varmit Stock......

Desertfox01
11-19-2009, 04:39 PM
I have not really liked the Choate stock. just a personal thing, it is a nice stock with a great bedding block. just not for me...........So, I ordered a B&C Medalist from Stocky's. Love the new stock......but.............forgot to think ahead and order a trigger gaurd and the associated bolts for it. I am also finding the the front screw is to long and will need to be shortened. so if your going to swap out from the Choate stock, order the trigger gaurd at the same time or first..................

LCPor9mm
11-24-2009, 06:53 PM
Desertfox1
Is that stock you don't like from a model 12VSS by any chance? The reason I ask is I am looking at the Model 10 Precision Carbine but don't like the camo stock so I might be interested in purchasing your old stock. If it will work for me.

Quickshot
11-24-2009, 11:42 PM
I had exactly the same thing happen. Took my Mod 12 action out of the Choate stock. Ordered a B&C medalist and was surprised at no stock bolts or trigger guard. Just lucky to have an old flimsy plastic savage stock with a metal trigger guard that fit. Had to rig bolts. It would have been nice if they would have at least offered new bolts. The ones that were in the Choate are a no go. I guess we live and learn. Quick

GaCop
11-27-2009, 07:47 AM
1/4X28 hex head bolts from Lowe's or Home Depot are great replacements. They'll take a bit of trimming but you can size them for heavy or factory stocks.........cheaper too.