PDA

View Full Version : LRP build Tried 4 different scopes run out of left adjustment

Pages : 1 2 [3]

efm77
01-01-2012, 11:46 AM
"I just loosened the rear windage screws on the mount and moved them in the direction needed and was able to zero the rifle and have adjustment left in both directions. So maybe the shooter needs to get a scope base with windage adjustments in it because there is a lot of side to side adjustment just in that part of the setup."

True. And on a mild recoiling rifle they're fine. I wouldn't trust that rear ring though on something with a lot of recoil since there's very little there holding it in place. The front reing takes the brunt of the recoil in that setup. With a Weaver/Picatinny style base and rings you have a much stronger setup for withstanding recoil due to the cross slots and bolts albeit with the lack of windage adjustment you have with the Leupold/Redfield style. But that's where the beauty of the Signature rings shines.

barrel-nut
01-01-2012, 01:04 PM
One thing I discovered (the hard way) is that if you're gonna lap aluminum rings such as the XTR's, it better be a very LIGHT lapping job! Ask me how I know! :')

Dont have to. Messed up a set of Warnes' that way. Now I us never sieze to lap aluminum.

Good idea stangfish! I actually never tried it again with aluminum rings after that initial mishap- but it would probably work a lot better with never sieze, or even Flitz polish. Just be careful- if you lap too much, the scope won't be properly SQUOZEN by the rings! ::)

Happy New Year to all!