PDA

View Full Version : Model 10flp-k question

Stevemopa
11-19-2009, 12:10 PM
Hi guys my first post, thanks in advance for a great site loaded with info. I'm sure I'll become a paid in full member soon. Anyway, my questions are about the muzzle brake on this rifle. I'm really not very interested in muzzle brake(additional bark annoys other shooters) but I'm wondering if the threads would be compatible with a suppressor? Also do you think it would be possible to have savage make up a cap to protect the threads when not using brake/suppressor? Thanks for any help.

Steve

PBinWA
11-19-2009, 12:23 PM
I too would be interested in a cap to protect the threads if I took the muzzle brake off my FCP-K.

Any enterprising gunsmith's out there?

firemachine69
11-21-2009, 03:37 AM
If you can get that brake off without damaging the threads, my hat is off to you sir.

(see sig)

PBinWA
11-21-2009, 01:48 PM
If you can get that brake off without damaging the threads, my hat is off to you sir.

(see sig)

What do you know that you aren't sharing! ???

Have you tried to do it yet?

Stevemopa
11-21-2009, 08:01 PM

(see sig)

Could you please elaborate? I thought this brake threaded on and held in place by use of a crush washer. Are you saying it is on extremely tight? Thanks

Steve

Blue Avenger
11-21-2009, 10:14 PM
I have removed two off stainless steel barrels with little effort. It is an oddball 9/16 thread

firemachine69
11-23-2009, 03:24 AM
I have removed two off stainless steel barrels with little effort. It is an oddball 9/16 thread

Blue:

These aren't the same as the old "twist on-off" ones.

I tried heating it up, then using a wooden crush plate to squeeze and twist - I shredded the wood jig by trying to leverage myself.

Maybe it's just mine, but that sucker is on TIGHT!