PDA

View Full Version : Stock and magazine help

pappy83
12-24-2011, 07:27 PM
I am putting together a rifle for my son, it is going to be a 284win on a 110 action that is centerfeed, barrel is ordered from NSS. My question is can I buy a LA Bell and Carlson Medalist stock for staggerfeed and send it to cdi for bottom metal and inletting and be done with staggerfeed centerfeed. Next question would be can I put my centerfeed magazine in a staggerfeed stock with some mods. thanks for any help.

jsthntn247
12-24-2011, 09:05 PM
Bell and Carlson does not make a medalist stock in long action. However, you can get the duramaxx stock and have it inletted for cdi bottom metal. I have one on my long-range 7 mag and it is an exceptional stock for 100.

stangfish
12-24-2011, 09:33 PM
I have succesfully used a staggerfeed stock with a blind centerfeed magazine using a dremel some hobby plywood and epoxy. Works very well I might add.

BoilerUP
12-24-2011, 09:37 PM
Bell and Carlson does not make a medalist stock in long action.

They make a Medalist SPORTER stock for the Savage long action...just not the A2 Medalist Tactical.

pappy83
12-25-2011, 09:12 AM
that was the one iam interested in, they are in stock at midway. I have a light varmint barrel on order now I need to figure out if I can relieve the barrel channel enough.