PDA

View Full Version : Help with my B&C Medalist and center feed

Grizzly2279
12-24-2011, 03:20 AM
I sure could use a little help with this problem guys. I ordered what I thought was going to be a stagger feed and ended up getting a center feed... 1 month after I received my Medalist stock. I am new at this, and this is my first attempt at building a gun. Do any of you guys have pics that you could share on here or email them to me with some instructions on how to go about this? I keep hearing about an "L" bracket that I need to order from Savage. I searched the forum but didnt find any pics. I received an L shaped bracket with my magazine box, follower, and spring, but I'm not sure it is the right one. A couple good pictures would sure make my life easier right now!!!!!

Thanks,
Cary Howard

Grizzly2279
12-24-2011, 06:11 AM
So in the few hours since I made this post... I managed to fix my problem. I have a roll of 1/4" thick rubber that I use to line the bottom of my tool box drawers. So I thought I'd see if I could fit a piece of it either in front of or behind the magazine box. This is a VERY tight fit!!! I cut a 1/2" x 1/2" square and first put it behind the box. I put the barreled action back on the stock and I didnt like the way it looked. So I thought I'd pull it out and put it in front of the box. Pulling the box out was much harder than I thought it was going to be. So after 20 minutes or so I managed to get the box out, the rubber placed in front of the box and all of it tucked neatly back inside the tiny hole. It looks great! I will see if I can get a couple pictures taken and put on here. I put 2 rounds in the magazine and they fed perfectly. That box will not come out without a fight!!!!! I dont see any need for an "L" bracket, or anything else. If you guys have the same problem and cant find any rubber the right thickness, just let me know and I'll be happy to send you a piece.