PDA

View Full Version : 11FCNS bolts

Harry Snippe
11-19-2009, 11:07 AM
Hi guys . Just signed on .
Question
Just bought a 11FCNS with Accutrigger and Accustock.

My concern is the effort required to cock the action . I am told the resistance required will improve by working the action and or I could order an oversized bolt handle .
I have Emailed my dealer and he notes that the 11 series the bolt handle and bolt are one piece therefore the handle would need to be cut and a new one of my choice installed .With the 111 Long series the bolt handle can be exchanged
Some sites that offer aftermarket parts for Savage bolts say I can install an oversize bolt handle , by just undoing the rear bolt nut . How ever I do not see where an Allen Key wrench fits onto the nut at the bolt end .
Please advise .

Harry

82boy
11-19-2009, 11:28 AM
Welcome to the site.

Yes the Savage action is one that has a hard bolt lift. You dealer doesn't know what he is talking about, or have a single clue. No Savage ever has had a one piece bolt body/bolt handle. Take the bolt out of the gun on the back is a large allen nut. The problem with the accu-stock is they use a new set up, and the cocking indicator comes through the back of the nut. You must de-cock the bolt to see the allen hole, and unscrew the bolt handle. After that any factory of aftermarket bolt handle for a Savage/Stevens will fit.

I find the best bolt handle is the SSS. SSS can time and tru the action to where it will cock and open with one finger. You may have people give yo advise on a gump button (piece of 38 brass with a bearing glued in it) but it will not work on the accu-stock models, but SSS does make a gump button for them.

Smokepole
11-19-2009, 12:53 PM
He's right, the button bearing is easy enough. But most of the effort is in retracting the firing pin. The cocking ramp is overly steep and the pin fall excessively long. Both contribute to that extra effort on the Savage. SSS's time and true jobs correct this. I'm looking for another way myself right now.

Harry Snippe
11-19-2009, 01:00 PM
Thanks for the quick reply . you refer to SSS ? Not sure what this means . Also am in Central Ontario Canada , so things can not always cross the border .
Harry

RoscoeT
11-19-2009, 02:11 PM
I think SSS is Sharpshooter Supply.

Could be wrong though.

Smokepole
11-19-2009, 02:18 PM
Yes, Sharp Shooter's Supply, a sponsor of here. Also, Kevin of Stockade does the same type work.

Harry Snippe
11-20-2009, 11:25 AM
I have tried to E-mail SShooter@woil.com and the address does not appear to be correct . Then phoning in , I rather not be left on Hold as this is long distance ( From Canada ).
If some one has the proper E-mail address , I will try again , otherwise I will Mail them diectly hoping to purchase a oversize bolt and having it shipped into Canada . The shipping across the border thing might be the problem .

pdog06
11-20-2009, 12:16 PM
here is the correct email address, as you forgot the "c":

mailto:sshooter@wcoil.com

Best bet is to call them. They are very busy and only have one person answering the phone, so it may take a while. If you cant reach them you could also order one from "tactical works" . They sell SSS triggers and handles for SSS also, and are easier to reach.

http://www.tacticalworks.com/Savage-Tactical-Bolt-Handle.html

Harry Snippe
11-20-2009, 04:23 PM
Thanks for everyones Help :)

Hope to get a handle ordered this week.
This rifle sure shoots a lot better than I can. I am very Happy with MOA and this gun will do half that .
Harry