PDA

View Full Version : FCP K magazine length issues

Mudcat
12-22-2011, 07:16 PM
I basically have a FCP K in .223. I have been loading Hdy 68grn BTHP with good results. But after reading about the good luck people have been having with the 75grn A-Max I picked up a box to try. I loaded up a ladder test only to find out that when I load them just .01 off the lands which this rifle seems to like. The A-max will not fit in the magazine.
Have any of you guys running the longer bullets run into this problem, and what can be done about it? I really don't want to load single.

GaCop
12-23-2011, 07:24 AM
If you want to use a bullet that long and seat to the lands, your only option is to single load. My 223 1 in 9 twist and 223 AI 1 in 8 twist are single load just because of that problem. I load the 80 gr A-Max in the AI and there's no way they can be seated to mag length and not protrude deep into the case.

Mudcat
12-23-2011, 09:05 AM
I was wondering if I could rove or modify the spacer in the rear of the magazine?

Thanks for the response I was/am hoping for a way to use the magazine. Seems like I read a post on here some where about something similar. I just have not found it again. Yet.

Sent from my evil black iPhone using Tapatalk