PDA

View Full Version : Pistol Sights & New Stryker

Appleseed
12-21-2011, 12:11 PM
Have been trying to get a rear aperture sight for a pistol. Anyone tried these on a Stryker? Williams Ghost ring WGRS, .093" id, can be interchanged. This is the factory's scout rifle sight.

Interesting comment from Savage, I mentioned they should put the Stryker back in production, the answer was, "don't give up yet!" A new Stryker in the works?

Eric in NC
12-21-2011, 12:20 PM
Also the old Lyman, Williams, and Redfield adjustable receiver sights (that screw on the side of the receiver) for round receiver rifles should work. Would need to D&T two holes and modify your stock, but...

Appleseed
12-21-2011, 07:26 PM
Savage hinted at a new Stryker in the works. Got some Williams sights on the way to try. This is a left hand bolt left eject, Williams FP model doesn't offer lefty not sure about Lyman but like that sight. Talked to Jethro lately?

Nor Cal Mikie
12-21-2011, 09:00 PM
It would be real nice to have sights and a scope on top of that. Easier to find your target at distance then raise up and get your scope picture.
Tried that on a Savage Rifle but didn't get too far. Still thinking about it tho. ;)

tinkerer
12-21-2011, 09:58 PM
I used Williams on my Silhouette striker.

http://i610.photobucket.com/albums/tt184/tinkerer-safetypro10/MapleStrikercomplete001.jpg

Larry
Tinkerer

Appleseed
12-21-2011, 10:43 PM
I used Williams on my Silhouette striker.
Larry
Tinkerer

Nice set up, that is what I have been looking to do! What caliber?

Which rear sight is this? Williams told me today the FP wouldn't work on the left hand, but it looks like you had room to drill/tap it. I ordered the WGRS as on savage scout rifles from savage today.

What is the hooded front sight? How about the ramp height? My barrel is 14" and .750" dia. Am starting with a scout factory front sight and will adjust from that as a pattern.

tinkerer
12-22-2011, 09:23 PM
Had the rear Williams drilled and tapped to the rear of the receiver, less stress. Its up as far as it will go. I may write and see if there is a longer shaft, someday.

My front sight is a Redfield International Globe with inserts you can get at Brownells. Its on a 1/4" base. I use a fine crosshair front with a drilled out rear aperture, its like a scope with iron sights. Some like a post, some like ghost rings. Biggest problem I have is making sure I'm on the right animal.

Its a 7-08 factory. Works great with factory 140's.

Larry
Tinkerer

Appleseed
12-22-2011, 10:32 PM
That helps, thanks.