PDA

View Full Version : ejector problem

Tnslim
12-21-2011, 12:14 AM
I wanted to remove the ejector on a Stevens 200 and when I pushed out the pin the ejector went back up into the bolt baffle and wouldn't come out. Is this normal? I took the bolt apart and couldn't see any way to retrieve it. What am I missing?

stangfish
12-21-2011, 12:38 AM
Are you sure that it and the spring didn't fly out and get lost?

Tnslim
12-21-2011, 12:50 AM
Pretty sure as my bench was fairly clean. I can still feel the spring compress when drift punch is inserted.

keeki
12-21-2011, 12:56 AM
I just about always have to dig that spring out, but not the ejector pin.

Tnslim
12-21-2011, 01:50 AM
I just went downstairs and checked my bench and surrounding area again..........no ejector. Weird.

Joe O
12-21-2011, 06:29 AM
If the ejector is under spring tension,when the retaining pin is removed,it can't go in.Almost imposible to find,when they launch.Take a tapered tooth pic,insert in the sring,and draw it out,or a pic with small hook will work better.

lal357
12-21-2011, 08:10 AM
i agree with above it launched somewhere(i know it happened to me shot it across the room off the door into the hallway) if you find it use a gallon bag to take them apart .

Tnslim
12-22-2011, 12:25 AM
Well, I fished out the spring and the ejector had indeed left for parts unknown. On the bright side, the gunroom has been cleaned spotless.

gotcha
12-22-2011, 01:46 AM
tnslim, F.Y.I. if you've got a 200 LA there are two sizes of replacement spring available from Savage. Using the search feature, type in: "300wtf ejection problem". Chk out the pic there for freds mod to ejector pin. Might be something you'd want to do ? I bought both spring lengths when I did my 200LA & ended up using the smaller (shorter) spring. But, mine's set up as Single shot & I wanted the case to just barely clear the eject port rather than launch to next county :D Don't feel bad, I launched my ejector when I removed it.............. It's still in the garage............. somewhere ;D Dale

stangfish
12-22-2011, 01:48 AM
Well, I fished out the spring and the ejector had indeed left for parts unknown. On the bright side, the gunroom has been cleaned spotless.

I work on a lot of mechaical stuff. I can definately relate to the clean room.

Tnslim
12-22-2011, 10:52 AM
Dale, thanks for the info. This one is a bench gun and I shoot lefty and I didn't want Lapua brass flying around so now I just reach in and pick 'em out. Pretty handy.