PDA

View Full Version : bore snake

Pages : 1 [2]

Stockrex
12-22-2011, 01:53 PM
wow, rope wear, I do a quick pull to ensure the barrel is free from debris, I have a chrome lined barrel but still I think will use my carbonfiber rod and not get lazy. Thanks for sharing the enfield ...

sha-ul
01-02-2012, 11:11 PM
I could see a valuable niche for when hunting if you accidentally get some dirt, sand or other gunk in the barrel, this might be a good way to get the crud out& make the arm useable until you get back to the truck.

dksac2
01-02-2012, 11:41 PM
Why would you want to pull a dirty, possibly sand ladden, rag through the bore of a perfectly good barrel. Not me! I push a patch through once and discard it, I wipe the rod off each time prior going down the tube. Keep it surgically clean and you will not ruin your barrel.
Best regards,
Grit

He is right on, unless it's 100% clean, don't use one. They can be washed, but it's so easy to take an Otis kit if you cannot take a rod, they work far better.
Bore snakes may be OK for a junk gun, but not for a Savage, get an Otis kit, you can control the pull through wire so it does not hit the crown with just your fingers, the work next best to a rod.

John K

Ring31
01-03-2012, 10:38 AM
They are OK for a cleanup after a session at the range or at hunting camp when you cant do a detail cleaning with a rod.

I agree with the above, they do not clean the carbon or all the copper out like a good through cleaning.

this.. good for a quickie...

xhoghunter
01-03-2012, 10:00 PM
Take the brush OUT of the snake then you have something that can't hurt your bore.