PDA

View Full Version : Savage trigger bedding block

nuclabuyer
12-20-2011, 12:38 AM
I was wondering if anyone has made or knows where I can get a trigger bedding block for a savage. It is so I can bed the trigger area and keep the clearance that I need. It is something like this, but this is for a Remington 700.
http://www.midwayusa.com/product/562493/baker-trigger-group-bedding-block-remington-700

barrel-nut
12-20-2011, 03:15 AM
Why not just remove the trigger assembly and fill the holes with modeling clay or play-dough?

Most folks don't bed the tang area, if that's what you're talking about. Better to do only the area ahead of the trigger, around the rear action screw, and of course the front action screw area and the rear surface of the recoil lug.

Remingtons get bedded in the tang area because that's where the rear action screw is located.

nuclabuyer
12-20-2011, 10:54 AM
Basically I inletted this stock myself and I would like to make it look a little nicer around the the trigger area. I was hoping that there was a trigger bedding block that I could put that in the trigger are and then fill it full of Devcon to make the trigger area look better. I am not bedding that area for any sort of function, I want it bedded only for cosmetics.

barrel-nut
12-20-2011, 01:03 PM
Gotcha, makes sense. Maybe try making one from a cheap plastic kitchen cutting board? You could carve one out pretty easily w/ a dremel tool, and even a small cutting board would be large enough to allow for several "do-overs".

barrel-nut
12-20-2011, 01:05 PM
You could remove the trigger group, lay it on the cutting board, and trace it out with a sharpie, then cut it out and smooth the edges.