PDA

View Full Version : Help & Opinions on direction of build

j.primo
12-19-2011, 04:23 AM
I have noticed that the forums are full of the "DBM topic", "Stevens project" ..etc, but I don't want to hi-jack their thread.. So, here we go.

I got my varmint barrel, so I'm at the stage in my project where I chose a stock. Now is there really a benefit on having a DBM? Or do people just want it for the cool factor? I read people asking about converting their blind mag to DBM, and DBM back to blind. I know there are more stock options for blind mag setups, but I don't want to get a chassis setup for blind and end up wanting my to have my stock inleted for DBM when I could have started with a DBM chassis.

This is the point of my build where I have to make the choice and I keep bouncing back and forth.

So if any one can chime in who has had experience with both blind and dbm, feel free to help me make up my mind.

I have a SA center feed 4.40 action.

Thanks

Terry Balding
12-19-2011, 05:13 AM
Your intended use for the gun?

Do you need to feed round from a magazine?

How many?

rusty815
12-19-2011, 07:10 AM
It all depends on what you want to use the gun for. If you intend to simply hunt with it, i'd go with the blind magazine option since you don't need a DBM to hunt, although i use a DBM on my savage rifle for hunting. If you intend to shoot targets then it would be wise to get a DBM set up.

j.primo
12-19-2011, 07:29 AM
It will probably just be a paper puncher. The ranges around here are all setup for 100 yards, the 200 yard ranges are only open certain times. Any open land is many miles away from where I reside.

Terry Balding
12-19-2011, 08:47 AM
Most paper punchers are single shot.