PDA

View Full Version : hinged floor plate

LabRat2k3
12-16-2011, 01:34 AM
I'm sitting here building my next rifle in my head, and since it will be a hunting rifle I think I would like to go with a hinged floor plate. I know a detachable magazine may be easier all around but I really like the look of the plate better. So my question is other than the bottom metal, what is needed to convert from a fixed blind magazine to a hinged floor plate set up. I know I will have to inlet the stock but what about the internals? I would think they use a different magazine body, but I'm not sure, I have never owned a Savage with the hinged plate.

jerkin
12-16-2011, 02:57 AM
They use the same magazine, I'm pretty sure you should just need the frame and the floorplate assembly. I just switched from a blind magazine to a drop out, it took all of 15 minutes.

henry1
12-16-2011, 11:02 AM
Hey! This is just what all my savages need! So I take it once you inlet your stock for your floor plate you will have to refinish that part of the stock? I really dont want to refinish it again...lol. I have done it 2 times now. guess thats what you get for not doing it the way you want the first time. Good thing winter gets colder here in the next couple months! looking forward to seeing where this goes, I would love to see some that others have done.
Henry