PDA

View Full Version : Choate Tactical Stocks

jsthntn247
12-14-2011, 08:28 PM
I see I can get a choate tactical stock inletted for dbm. Any ideas on what dbm this will fit?? Factory dbm, cdi, or accurate mags?

moecarama
12-15-2011, 01:23 AM
CDI w/ aics mag.

rinodods
12-15-2011, 04:21 AM
I've got a short action tactical and the factory dbm fits just perfect. Probably won't keep it much longer though. Didn't really like the weight. Nice stock though.

jsthntn247
12-15-2011, 11:37 AM
What are you going to change it to rhino?

rinodods
12-17-2011, 07:08 AM
Well I'm not really stuck on the DBM. I usually load long and can't use the mag anyway. Probably just do a B&C medalist for now. I've got a couple of them and like them a lot. Shaves a little weight off. Of course I'm thinking about selling the 300WSM that I had floating around so I wouldn't really need to replace it at all. Already moved the 300WSM out of the B&C, took the 260 out of the choate and swapped them. Pretty much decided to just sell the choate and the 300WSM. I like the 300WSM but would rather have it on a long action. Just more options for changes later.

jsthntn247
12-17-2011, 11:18 AM
What kind of bottom metal would I need to make this work with Alpha Type II mags. I see that you can load these longer than the AICS mags. I looked on their website it said nothing about them selling bottom metal. Sorry for all the questions but last time I didn't ask enough and ended up with something that wouldn't work.

fullersson
12-17-2011, 11:53 AM
I talked to Chris at Alpha Industries and he said the Alpha 2 mags will run in the same bottom metal as the Alpha 1 mags. The reason you can get more COL out of the Alpha 2 mags is because they aren't lined where as the Alpha 1 mags are lined. The actual size of the mag didn't change just the internal dimensions. He did say that even though you can get more COL out of the type 2 mags if you load you bullets too long then you would have feed issues unless the action's feed ramp was modified. Brian Brown.