PDA

View Full Version : 7RM, 300WM or 338WM in FT/R target action

Moosetracker
11-18-2009, 09:33 AM
Has anyone fitted a magnum caliber barrel (7RM, 300WM or 338WM) in a Savage FT/R or other target action? I know that the bolt head would have to be changed for the .532 case and the bolt would have to be pulled out to extract an unfired round. The issue, if any, is whether the ejecting port is sufficiently long/large to eject a fired round. I understand that Savage has shortened the ejection port in the target action, hence the potential problem. Quite apart from feasibility, I would appreciate feedback on experiences with fitting a magnum caliber on a Savage target action.

sinman
11-18-2009, 06:36 PM
358hammer has some big one on the target actions I can't recall all of them off the top of my head but most are bigger than what you are looking at doing

Moosetracker
11-18-2009, 08:35 PM
358hammer has some big one on the target actions I can't recall all of them off the top of my head but most are bigger than what you are looking at doing

Thanks Sinman. From my analysis of the dimensions of the ejection port, it should work. However, I'd really like to hear from people who have tried it.