PDA

View Full Version : 110 fcp lapua in lefthand????

300ultramag
12-13-2011, 12:47 PM
Keeping my fingers crossed that Savage listens to us southpaws and pumps out these in lefthand!!! any rumors out there????

helotaxi
12-14-2011, 05:03 AM
As much as I would love them to do this, I'm not holding my breath.

300ultramag
12-14-2011, 12:03 PM
I know it is a pipe dream,but i sent Savage a request/plea to produce us "LEFTIES" a .338 Lapua!!!!

helotaxi
12-14-2011, 09:32 PM
I'd be happy with a MkII heavy barrel in left hand.

jfjhunter
12-20-2011, 03:16 PM
If you want a Lapua that bad get a right hand one. I am a lefty but have shot right hand rifles and shotguns all my life. I have gotten top shooter at a few of the shooting schools i attended shooting right hand rifles up to 1200 yds. The only difference i find is follow up shot is not as fast as with left hand rifle. If you hit him right the first time no second shot is needed. dont let this be the reason you do not have your dream rifle. you owe it to yourself to be out there shooting anything that crossed your path you want dead. just saying

helotaxi
12-20-2011, 07:16 PM
Actually from bench or bipod, I find a right handed rifle works better for me. My hunting rifles are left handed. I'd like a bolt action .22 for position shooting practice and right handed won't cut it for that.

psharon97
12-20-2011, 07:43 PM
You could buy the right hand action and send it to SSS and have them convert the action to left hand.

helotaxi
12-21-2011, 07:19 AM
You could buy the right hand action and send it to SSS and have them convert the action to left hand.

I could do a lot of things with unlimited funds. It would be much easier to buy a left-handed action and swap to a heavy barrel or call Savage's custom shop and have the rifle built on a correct action. The point is an off-the-shelf, affordable rifle that shoots well. If I wanted to go the custom route in this case it probably wouldn't be a Savage. I would think that a nicely priced, accurate .22LR would be the easiest product out there to move so it surprises me how limited the left-hand options are in the Savage rimfire line.

300ultramag
12-22-2011, 08:57 PM
Thanks guys: the more i think of it,i think i will just pick up the rifle and use it , planning on using it for a long range shooter and do not plan on needing a fast folllow up shot [i hope].
Now i must have too much time on my hands,really thinking of getting my gunsmith to re-chamber it to the Ackley imp. version!! and eventually a 30" barrel

handirifle
12-23-2011, 01:48 PM
Actually from bench or bipod, I find a right handed rifle works better for me. My hunting rifles are left handed. I'd like a bolt action .22 for position shooting practice and right handed won't cut it for that.

If I am not mistaken, Savage will build any RH model rimfire, in LH, but you pay list price for them. I do not consider that out of line, if that's accurate. Worth a call. Maybe a Mark II GL with a heavy barrel?

Cycler
12-23-2011, 08:42 PM
If I am not mistaken, Savage will build any RH model rimfire, in LH, but you pay list price for them. I do not consider that out of line, if that's accurate. Worth a call. Maybe a Mark II GL with a heavy barrel?
Savage builds a heavy barrel .22LR in left-handed form, The BTVLS is stainless steel and has a heavy barrel and a laminated thumbhole stock in left-hand form. So, basically Savage makes the bottom (MK II GL) and top (Mk II BTVLS) of their rimfire line in left-hand versions. It's the middle of the lineup that lacks them.

handirifle
12-24-2011, 01:06 AM
Yea, that was why I suggested a GL in heavy barrel.

helotaxi
12-24-2011, 01:28 PM
Yea, that was why I suggested a GL in heavy barrel.

Which would be a GLV, which I have in a 93R17. Oddly they don't make that combination in either .22LR or .22mag. Also oddly, they don't make a light barreled, left-hand 17HMR.

I'm just curious how they decided on what combinations to stock in left-hand. Some odd offerings in the centerfire arena as well. I wouldn't care so much if it weren't for the fact that the wait for a left-handed aftermarket stock (and cost thanks to most of the ones out there being from a few high-end makers) is kind of silly. Like I would have to order now to have a hope of having it by next hunting season.