PDA

View Full Version : Adjusting Striker Trigger

joeb33050
12-12-2011, 06:02 AM
I have read and copied the FAQ "Savage Factory 3 Screw Trigger Adjustment", followed it a closely as I can, and
the gun fires as the bolt closes or the bolt closes without cocking
or
after turning the "trigger pull weight adjustment screw" out, the trigger pull is very heavy.
I like the pistol, but it's making me nervous.
Would someone tell me how to adjust the trigger on this Striker?
Thanks;
joe b.

fullersson
12-12-2011, 09:08 AM
I'm not familiar with the Striker pistol but on the bolt rifles the Savage trigger's are very hard to get right. You're probably doing it right and have just went a little to far with the adjustments. There's no way to tell you how to do it right because you probably are doing it right. You just have to keep adjusting a little at a time until you get it to a safe operating pull weight. The only advise I can give you is don't forget about the safety because you will have the trigger where you need it to be and the safety won't work; so then you adjust the safety so it works and now the gun is slam firing again. The triggers are the biggest complaint I hear about the Savages. Another piece of advise on all trigger jobs. Once you get the trigger where you want it and put the action back into the stock check everything over and over again. Make sure the weapon in unloaded. Cycle the bolt very hard and fast, check the safety, do anything you can possibly think of to see if you can get the weapon to fire. A lot of times the trigger pull weight will change when you torque the action back into the stock. After you torque the action back into the stock the pull weight may go up, may go down, or may stay the same but it needs to be checked extensively. Here's a link to adjusting the Savage trigger maybe it will help. Brian Brown.

http://www.varminthunters.com/tech/savage110trigger.html

darkker
12-12-2011, 09:12 AM
Fuller is probably correct, make SMALL adjustments!! Sounds like you have the sear adjustment screw "too far" meaning that the trigger isn't being "held"; just dropping.

snowgetter1
12-12-2011, 09:49 AM
If you go to Specialty Pistols Forum and search for Striker triggers adjustment you will find many soltions with pictures.

striker516fsak
12-13-2013, 11:27 PM
Where can I find the original 3 screw trigger adjustment FAQ's? I can't seem to locate them on the site.