PDA

View Full Version : The stockman came ( 3 new Savage builds)

tropicmaster
11-17-2009, 06:04 PM
As I was driving home this afternoon I was thinking about all the parts I have coming. I was thinking that I wished just one of them would come before I leave for Thanksgiving in the Keys. Lo and behold there were FOUR packages on the porch when I pulled in! Below are my new LVT from SSS, The Boyds thumbhole varminter, and the B&C medalist, along with one of Jim's new Shilen barrels in .223 Wylde. More details later as I have to go pack the camper, but needless to say I will be busy when I get home in 2 weeks!

http://i610.photobucket.com/albums/tt184/tropicmaster/DSC03151.jpg

http://i610.photobucket.com/albums/tt184/tropicmaster/DSC03150.jpg

pdog06
11-17-2009, 06:45 PM
Man, you really are gonna be busy. Just think, if you woulda let me ship it another package woulda been there too ;) ;D

have fun on vacation.

dcloco
11-17-2009, 08:16 PM
....and you cannot slip another box in the camper that will include these stocks, an action wrench, portable reloading bench, some sandpaper, Devcon/Marine Tex, and your favorite top coat for the laminate stocks????

Nice setups.....post pics when you are done.

fatdaddy
11-17-2009, 08:21 PM
Damn , I really like that LVT from SSS. Maybe my bride dont really need that laptop for x-mas... Besides, I been purdy good this year....Gonna be fine looking rifles when your done. Bill

tropicmaster
11-17-2009, 08:51 PM
....and you cannot slip another box in the camper that will include these stocks, an action wrench, portable reloading bench, some sandpaper, Devcon/Marine Tex, and your favorite top coat for the laminate stocks????

Nice setups.....post pics when you are done.

You will find this hard to believe but I probably have more fishing stuff in that camper than any 3 of you have shooting stuff, so no there is no more room! lol And that does not even account for the stuff I am leaving home. Saltwater fishing is just like shooting- you have to have different tools for different tasks. I troll and livebait offshore, bottom fish the reef, and fish the backcountry & flats so you can imagine!

tropicmaster
11-17-2009, 09:57 PM
Ok I have the camper packed and am taking a break before starting on the boat so here are some details.

The SSS LVT is the new home for my first build- the .308 with Shilen barrel in the green duramax that I have previously posted pics of. This will soon have a switch barrel in .284 to go along with the .308

The black widow Varminter is the new home of the .223 Wylde barrel pictured. That barrel will be threaded into the SS SA I bought from Tbeasely on here. There will be a new 6.5x20x55 Viper sitting on top of it.

The medalist will be the temporary home of the .223 while I finish the Varminter stock, then it will be the permanent home of a .260 on a SA yet to be purchased.

That only leaves my 7MM RUM complete rifle in factory barrel and stock. Still have not decided what to do with it. Probably stick it in the safe and eventually build something long( range),loud, and big out of it.

pdog06
11-17-2009, 10:05 PM
Sounds like a plan. Gonna be a few sweet rifles when you're all done.

TOO Builder
11-17-2009, 10:16 PM
And I am excited about the ONE build I have in the works ???

Post pics as they progress, its always interesting to see how they come together.

firemachine69
11-18-2009, 03:36 AM
Can that LVT be inletted for a lefty?