PDA

View Full Version : Savage 110, 3 position safety question, new member

Pages : 1 [2]

ellobo
01-02-2012, 02:12 AM
free floated means no part of the barrel or tang is touching the stock. If the barrel is, you can tell by passing a dollar bill down the length of the barrel to find out. Tang too. If it is touching, try loosening the mounting screws of the action, place a pc. of card stock from a pack of matches around the barrel and retighten the screws. That may center the barrel in the stock. remove the card stock and tighten again. If that doesnt work you may have to sand out the barrel and seal the bare wood. Wood stocks do warp at times depending on humidity.

El Lobo

stangfish
01-02-2012, 04:08 AM
The scope and rings looks like the set up used on the package guns. It would be wise to replace that set up with something of better quality.

GaCop, I agree with the scope but do you think they would use Warne Rings on a package gun? They are the cheap permanent ones but still..?

Werewolf
01-02-2012, 11:08 AM
Those look like leupold rifleman vertical rings. Warnes have four screws, I have a set.

TJGunsmithish
08-31-2023, 03:13 PM
Hey man, I was actually working on the same gun not to long ago. All you really need to do is a just the 2 screws in the back of the trigger and the bottom of the safety so it lays flat. Hope this helps!!

-TJ

pdog06
08-31-2023, 03:26 PM
Hopefully He figured it out cause the original post was 12 years ago…lol

Dave Hoback
08-31-2023, 04:44 PM
WHEW! Glad we got answered. FINALLY! LOL!

Just kidding. Welcome to the Forum. Tell us a little about yourself in the Introductions section. :tea: