PDA

View Full Version : 308 barrel

deltagunner00
12-10-2011, 01:46 AM
Hey Guys! Nice site here. I am building up a Stevens 200 and want to get some ideas from you guys on a heavy/varmint barrel for my Stevens that will be less than $250. I figure I can turn around and sell the sporter on it now as I only have 41 rounds through it for maybe $60 or so.

I am getting a B&C Medalist in a couple of weeks then plan to get a Rifle Basix for it.

Thanks for any help!

GaCop
12-10-2011, 06:06 AM
Welcome to the "Brotherhood of the Barrel Nut"! A factory varmint barrel can usually be had from Jim at Northland Shooter Supply (a site sponsor) or you can watch the classifieds. Either way, a barrel in your price range can be found. I believe there are a number of barrels for sale right now. Post your barrel in the classifieds to recoup some investment.

You'll like the Rifle Basix trigger, I have one on a few of my rifles. The BC Medalist is also a good stock to work with. Last, but not least, you'll need good quality glass, rings and mount to complete the package.

lal357
12-10-2011, 05:46 PM
2nd the classifieds here and else where i picked up a shilen select match 308 barrel for 175 on another site and it shoots unbelivable jim also has some criterion barrels for 300.00 .

darkker
12-10-2011, 05:48 PM
Try the site sponsors first. +1 on Jim Good man to deal with.
Midway, ER Shaw... All much less than 250.