PDA

View Full Version : Where can I find

big honkin jeep
12-08-2011, 11:33 PM
Back in the mid 90s I bought a 116 FLCSAK in 30-06 and it has been my primary hunting rifle ever since. Now my brother wants one with all the bells and whistles but Savage has discontinued production of the 116 fhsak and I cant find one in 30-06. Looking for one with the heavy fluted barrel. Sure Savage will build one but it would be two prices to do so. Does anybody know where I can find one? Any help appreciated
BHJ

GaCop
12-09-2011, 06:17 AM
The only thing I can suggest is search Gunbroker, Auction Arms and Guns America to see if you get lucky.

big honkin jeep
12-09-2011, 09:08 PM
Been there every day for a while, but I appreciate the tip. kinda hoping with all these guy's eyes in the gun shops I might find some new old stock or something.

ellobo
12-10-2011, 12:24 AM
Looks like after all you may have to buy parts and make one.

Wi Lobo

Jericho
12-10-2011, 08:11 PM
Patience is the key, sooner or later you will bump into one or two.

DannoBoone
12-11-2011, 05:06 PM
There are few things I dislike about Savage Arms, but it certainly is
annoying when they come up with a great model only to discontinue
it when sales go just a tiny bit south. >:( I.e., the long action
VLP's and the 10MLII's immediately come to mind, especially when
the MLII was starting to catch on......ok, "special runs" of the ugliest,
cheapest one they make for a price more than what the stainless
laminated stock was.

Oh well, rant over.

Jamie
12-12-2011, 10:32 AM
Patience is the key, sooner or later you will bump into one or two.

That is true. As soon as you give up looking and build one, you will find multiples for sale for dirt cheap. ;D

big honkin jeep
12-14-2011, 04:52 PM
I was just hoping one of the barrel nuts would know of a location of some new old stock. I have a fluted braked heavy barrel in reserve I picked up here several years ago but I'm being a little selfish and holding it because of the extremely high round count on my dream rifle.
I'll just keep checking gun broker and one will pop up eventually.
Thanks guys