PDA

View Full Version : Flux concentrator

gotcha
12-08-2011, 02:03 PM
An interesting new concept in "flameless case annealing". Google: Southern marksman.... click: case annealing..... Click: Phase 5 for video. Comments?

fgw_in_fla
12-08-2011, 06:18 PM
Pretty cool concept. I suppose case annealing has come a long way way over the years.
The first thing I thought of - Is that a 1.21 Jiggawatt Flux Capacitor?
I also wonder about the cost to run it. At 120 volts I don't suppose it's too expensive to run but a cost comparison against propane & electricity would be a interesting. Especially if you have many to anneal. I do like the automatic part about it. Takes away the worry of overheating & such.

gotcha
12-09-2011, 05:19 PM
Nice to know that at least one other person found the info interesting :D I reload in my garage & its loaded w/ all kinds of highly flammable stuff including gas cans for the lawn tractor. Amazing the flux concentrator runs so cool compared to propane or MAP gas. Southern marksman may be on to something though he's yet to mention price. I checked w/ his supplier & found I could buy a basic unit for $195.00. However it would still require additional circuitry & a method of advancing the cases into the concentrator. Probably wouldn't be too hard to do for the mechanicaly inclined DIY'er..... Glad you found the info interesting. Hope that shoulder heals REAL fast !

fgw_in_fla
12-10-2011, 06:50 AM
We seem to think alike, my friend. I modified my garage to have a/c and heat, all the comforts of home, etc. I had to get a steel cabinet fot the flamables and such because I anneal using the propane torch / drill and socket method. I had visions of 2 - 3 gallons of gas, asst. flamable garage stock, 12 lbs of gunpowder, 5000 primers making a big hole in the ground where my house was.
$195 seems reasonable but, it would be better if it had a turntable or some sort of automation. Since I have a strong electrical background (elec contractor), I think I'll rummage thru my stash to see if I can conjur up something flameless. After I get this miserable sling and bandages off my shoulder, of course. Stay Well...
Frank in Fla.