PDA

View Full Version : Make a Scout rifle from Axis?

seabreeze133
12-07-2011, 07:45 PM
I would like to build an inexpensive scout type rifle and wonder if anyone has done this w/an Axis.

Cut bbl to 18". Maybe later switch to a .750 or so 18" Bbl.

I have a new accu stock if it will work or can be easily modified by someone (me) that has tools and knows where they are. :o)

10 rd box mags available? If not are the factory mags available? Well after posting I found the Ratmag source. :o)

Picitinny rail for axis or maybe a weaver that can be made to fit.

Settled on an Axis or maybe a Stevens 200 after spending some time on this site.

Thanks

DB

82boy
12-07-2011, 07:53 PM
A scout rifle out of an Axis would be a good idea, but unfortinaly most of the parts would be a custom deal. No the Savage stck will not work on the Edge, and the accu-stock is by it own rights will only work on guns fitted with the accustock. There is no 10 round mags curently made to work with the axis, and the axis uses a plastic clip to hold the mag in place. There is one company making a picatiny rail for the axis and that is EGW. For what your looking to do you would be better off getting a stevens 200.

bobfortier
12-07-2011, 07:54 PM
I'd say go for it, we will be more than happy to see your progress.

R6Pirate
12-19-2011, 02:54 PM
There is no 10 round mags curently made to work with the axis, and the axis uses a plastic clip to hold the mag in place.

I have a 10rd mag for my Axis 308. If anyone wants them, let me know an i will give info for 10rd mags.