PDA

View Full Version : Bushnell Multi-X reticle

GlennC
11-17-2009, 01:34 PM
Greetings all,

I've been reading a lot here for a few months, but this is my first post.

I recently purchased a new VLP in .223 and am looking for a scope. I'm strongly considering a Bushnell Elite 4200 8-32X. I generally prefer crosshair or dulpex type reticles, which leads to my question.

I will be using the rifle for bench/prone shooting at 100-200yds. The "posts" of the Bushnell Multi-X look quite thick in the illustrations I've seen. Also the "X" area where crosshairs meet seems rather small. Unfortunately, I can't find one locally to check out.

I'm looking for input from those of you you have used this reticle as to whether it is too coarse for 100-200 yard target shooting.

I've pretty much decided on a Farrell 0moa base and Burris Signature rings, but input is welcome here too.

Thanks for your input.

Regards,

Glenn

chestsprings
11-17-2009, 09:03 PM
I have the same scope on my VLP 223/22-250/Rem6mm.

I just sent it back to Bushnell to have a mil-dot in it. if I was going to use it in "matches', which I am not, I would go with the 1/4 inch dot, just my opinion.

For me, I should not have went to 32 power. very seldom use it. when I shoot paper at 100, 200, or 300 yds., or ground hogs, it seems like I am always adjusting the scope power to aprox. 26 never beyond 28 power. maybe it's because of the eye relief. 40mm objective at 32 power????.

I really like Bushnell Elites, but I don't think I would go to 32 power again, with a 40mm objective. just my opinion.