PDA

View Full Version : What does it take to fit a new Stevens 200 into a Hart LRT stock?

GSRswapandslow
12-05-2011, 12:43 PM
So when you go on stockys and do a search under the Steven's short action (4.4)....the LRT isn't listed. I know they make the stock for a blind box setup in 4.4...you can search and find it. So what would it take to get the steven's to fit? I'm wanting to build a 400-500yd .223 gun for ground hogs...and want to build with a stainless 26", so i figure that'll be my cheapest route.

rjtfroggy
12-05-2011, 06:10 PM
The right credit card.
Savage or Stevens same action, same screw space,different trigger,finish on Savage a little better.

GSRswapandslow
12-05-2011, 07:57 PM
i know....but i'm asking specifically about the bottom metal....since it's not a blind box...what does it take to convert from the hinged floor plate to the blind box? or does anyone know if stockys can inlet one for the hinged floor plate?

if i can't do it...i might just buy the 12 bvss instead......

pdog06
12-05-2011, 08:24 PM
you have a new stevens with a hinged floorplate?

If you need a stock inletted i do know that Sharpshooter Supply will inlet them for around $50-60. Stockys will not do them, as they are just in sales and not gunsmithing work.

GSRswapandslow
12-05-2011, 09:18 PM
i don't have the steven's yet....but i was under the impression that they came with a hinged floor plate.... looking at the site again...it appears i might be incorrect and this thread is irrelevant....and i can go ahead and order the stevens

pdog06
12-05-2011, 10:10 PM
Unless something has recently changed they only come as a blind mag.

However, all the new ones will be a canterfeed action so you can make yours a hinged floorplate or a detachable mag by simply purchasing the hardware and having your stock inletted.