PDA

View Full Version : XLR stock fit problems

yorketransport
12-04-2011, 06:10 PM
For those of you with an XLR chassis, did you need to do any minor fitting to get you action to sit properly? The only problems I'm having are with the bolt handle and the very rear of the tang making contact. I got the stock used, but it's obvious that the previous owner had the same issues because the scratches in the stock finish were visible when I bought it. Both issues will be easily resolved with a file, but I won't do the final fitting until I get the action which will actually be going into the stock. For the price of these stocks I would hope for a better fit though. I'm just curious if anyone else has run into this problem.

Andrew

Trent
12-05-2011, 02:39 AM
I'd consider giving Kyle a call at XLR and see what he thinks. He would be the first person I would want to talk to since they build them.

PBinWA
12-05-2011, 10:54 AM
Mine was a very tight fit. I had to start the front screw at an angle and then progressively tighten the screws. It shoots fine but I thimk it could have been a hair off.

moecarama
12-06-2011, 01:00 AM
Mine was a tight fit also very close tolerances. I did relieve the bolt area just a tad, but I changed the angle on the bolt handle , that was my doing; other than that it will be close. I would give Kyle a call or email; hope you get them they are moving to another facility.

yorketransport
12-06-2011, 01:06 AM
It sounds like this isn't uncommon. It's nothing I can't fix in less than 5 minutes, so it's not even worth a phone call. I was just curious if this was common. Thanks for the responses guys.

Andrew