PDA

View Full Version : 110 FCP 338 Lapua Problem and Question

AB_Silverback
12-04-2011, 04:35 PM
Hi, I just joined the forum today and have a question for 110 FCP 338 Lapua owners. I received my rifle last week and when I installed the bolt it wouldn't fully close, having mounted many scopes over the years I quickly figured out that the second from the front base screw is too long.
When I removed that screw the bolt closed easily. Then I noticed that the front screw was too long as well, it bottomed out on the barrel threads in the receiver and wasn't even touching the scope base allowing a lot of movement with the second screw out so really it was doing nothing to secure the base.
This is an easy fix, I just have to shorten the screws.
The scope base comes with the rifle and is factory installed so I was wondering if anybody else had this problem or did I get a Monday rifle?
I think that this rifle is awesome and can't wait to shoot it, this minor setback hasn't put me off Savages rifle in the least.

Blue Avenger
12-04-2011, 10:23 PM
some one may have put the shorter screws in the back base

AB_Silverback
12-04-2011, 11:23 PM
I checked that already and all the screws are the same length, I wonder if they just grabbed the wrong screws at the factory using all the same length.