PDA

View Full Version : Firing Pin Length Setting?

Squelch
12-03-2011, 12:11 PM
Hello,
I have a Stevens 200 in .270 Win. I disassembled the bolt group in order to Cerakote all of the pieces. However, I failed to note the length of the firing pin setting before taking it apart.
I know how to adjust the length, but am looking for guidance on what the protrusion length should be and how to measure it.

Thanks,
Chuck

gotcha
12-03-2011, 02:47 PM
Firing pin protrusion is most often stated as .050" to .062". There are circumstances where this setting could be more like .045". You can use the search feature @ top of page (firing pin protrusion) or wait for a more informed answer. Hopefully, someone will jump in.

stangfish
12-03-2011, 04:19 PM
The last paragraph may be of some assistance to you. Keep in mind that these settings and modifications are being used in aggregate.

http://savageshooters.com/SavageForum/index.php/topic,4899.0.html

gotcha
12-03-2011, 04:52 PM
Thanks to stangfish & mr furious :) Have been curious about the specifics of Freds T&T. I performed almost all on last build & had great improvements in bolt lift & trigger adjustment range. ( Freds trigger) Formula for helical ramp cut is a real poser ??? But easy to understand it's benefits.