PDA

View Full Version : Stock Bedding Materials

Pages : 1 [2]

barrel-nut
12-13-2011, 11:13 PM
I used Kiwi clear polish and I, too, had my doubts, but after letting it sit overnight, and rapping the sides of the stock with a rubber mallet, it popped right out. Made a beautiful job, too; I couldn't have been more pleased with the results.
Put a couple of good coats of Kiwi on every surface that will contact the Devcon. Make sure that there are no mechanical locks. Then get a good nights' sleep. It will pop out in the morning.

bajabill
12-14-2011, 11:09 AM
I found that 5 hours worked, I had to do a skim coat to fix a rough finish where some of the material broke apart and stayed with the action on removal. This was after about 2.5 hours and the devcon was not hard enough. The devcon cleaned off of the action easily, but I am not sure if it would have hardened and stuck more permanently with time. I think my issue was not a thick enough layer of shoe polish. For my skim bedding I really put the polish on and the action came out with no effort at all and the remaining bedding is slick and smooth.

95GTSpeedDemon
12-16-2011, 05:48 PM
I have used the 2 part JB weld (goo consistency) and the Quick Steel (grey center & black outside).
Kiwi shoe polish as the non stick agent.

Depending on the rifle design, its easier to use one or the other. the goo makes much more of a mess but gives you more working time before it sets up. i found it was more prone to air bubbles as i played with it trying to fill all the spaces.

i will use quick steel again as just a preference.