PDA

View Full Version : weaver scope base

forcon
11-30-2011, 05:49 PM
I just bought a Savage Axis awhile ago and wasn't sure what I needed for bases, so I called Weaver and the guy told me what to get,he then went on to say that sometime in Febuary they plan on having a 1 piece mount available for the Axis.That should be a little nicer setup than using 2 bases.Later.

Garpo
11-30-2011, 08:13 PM
I have an EGW one piece mount that works great.

Hunterdude
12-02-2011, 08:16 AM
I bought a weaver multi slot for a long action accutrigger. I put it in the mill and drilled 2 new holes in it to line up with the base holes in the Edge action and it works Perfect and its much cheaper the the EGW base.

forcon
12-02-2011, 01:01 PM
I was just about to buy the EGW mount because a lot of members said they were very happy with them,but I was a little confused about putting weaver rings on picatinny bases.I had a Picatinny mount laying around from another project and when I realized the slots on the pic rail were quite a bit bigger than my weaver mounts I decided to get a different base for that gun.When I talked to the guy at Weaver he basically told me the same thing.Obviously they work because a lot of people are using them,I just didn't like the idea of having that slop in there.Whatever works I guess.