PDA

View Full Version : has anyone used aedge or axis to build on?

macon
11-29-2011, 09:25 PM
has anyone done it? is the action any good?

RwBeV
12-01-2011, 11:16 AM
I bought an Axis to rebarrel to 20-223 AI, the rifle show some real promise. I have to rework the trigger and maybe someone will come up up with an after market stock someday. Untill then I will shoot it as is I just dont have the ambition to start wittling a stock out at this time.

Bob

bobfortier
12-01-2011, 01:00 PM
I am almost done with my laminated stock, and I will swap the barrel later this winter.

Some people say not to build from an Axis, I say why not.....

Hunterdude
12-01-2011, 03:35 PM
I have a 358 Win. built on an Edge. I must say I really like this gun. It's the most accurate gun I have and prob. one of the cheapest. 3 shots at 100yds = 1 big hole. I did do some trigger work on it and it helped considerably. I also got a pictinany scope base because I had to move my head too much forward for the right eye relief .Now can move my scope around more and the eye relief is perfect.

RwBeV
12-05-2011, 12:34 AM
I finaly had the chance to go through the trigger on my 20-223AI Axis, with just a little work and a new spring and set screw I have it at 2 1/4lb and it brakes at that every time, as I am using it as a carry rifle thats about right dont see any point in trying to get more out of it. My buddy killed a coyote with it today and I think were going to build one for him now that he shot it. Sooner or later someone will come out with more stuff for them I think you might be a little limited on what after market bolt on stuff you can get for it but I dont see any reason not to build on it. Heck im building rifles that havnt had any after market parts or equipment made in years.

Bob

bobfortier
12-05-2011, 07:22 AM
Made a new stock, waiting for my barrel

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n302/bobfortier/Gaulin015005.jpg