PDA

View Full Version : hinged floorplate or blind mag?

03mossy
11-28-2011, 09:43 PM
Which one of these has better aftermarket options as far as stocks go for a short action? I am looking at 2 rifles the main difference is the mags.

GSRswapandslow
11-29-2011, 12:33 PM
i'm not sure on everything...but i know the stock i was looking at (Hart LRT) was really only out for 4.4" and blind mag....so that's the rifle i'm still looking for

jpdown
11-29-2011, 05:49 PM
The most aftermarket Savage SA stock options are with a blind magazine. There are more options for the older staggerfeed SA's than newer centerfeed SA's. Aftermarket centerfeed stocks with the cutout for a Savage hinged floorplate or DBM assembly are limited, but do exist. As the demand for Savage SA centerfeed stocks grows, we are seeing more aftermarket stock manufactures offer stocks. I would recommend going with a Savage/Stevens centerfeed model, since it would offer you the flexibility of going with a BM, HFP or DBM stock as your "wants and needs" change over time.

frank1947
12-02-2011, 09:38 PM
HS precision great stock for DBM I have 2

bowslngr
12-10-2011, 10:07 AM
The most aftermarket Savage SA stock options are with a blind magazine. There are more options for the older staggerfeed SA's than newer centerfeed SA's. Aftermarket centerfeed stocks with the cutout for a Savage hinged floorplate or DBM assembly are limited, but do exist. As the demand for Savage SA centerfeed stocks grows, we are seeing more aftermarket stock manufactures offer stocks. I would recommend going with a Savage/Stevens centerfeed model, since it would offer you the flexibility of going with a BM, HFP or DBM stock as your "wants and needs" change over time.

Pardon my ignorance, but are you saying that if you start out with a Savage centerfeed you can use any aftermarket stock as long as it is of the proper action length & screw spacing (allowing for differences in barrel contour).