PDA

View Full Version : 110 270 Rem Bolt parts ?

TXBirddog
11-16-2009, 01:53 PM
Gentlemen, First off I have been lurking for some time and now at my first post. For starters I am not a gun smith but I can fix near anything. My issuse is that I have not been able to find the correct replacement bolt face for a pre '99 model 110 270. I purchased what I thought was the correct one from Midway (Part# 461219) but it is missing one machining. It is what I would refer to as an "Idiot Proofing". Protruding from the inside of the bolt itself there is a "Button" that will wllow you to install the bolt face in in only one direction. what Midway claimed to be the correct one does not have this machining. My question fot the brains is am I over looking something in specifing the correct part via the exact model that I have, or does Midway have incomplete bolt faces. Where can I get the correct bolt face for this gun, or do I need to have this bolt face or bolt machined to work together. I have owned this gun for almost 20 years and don't want to retire it just yet. Your feed back and help in this situation is greatly appreciated. I would love to be able to finish out the season with this one so hopefully I can fix it soome. Thanks Tx ???

BillPa
11-16-2009, 05:08 PM
You can "fix" it one of two ways. One, mill the slot in the bolt head shaft or two, cut, grind, file or Dremel the key out of the bolt body.

Another thing you may want to check is the firing pin diameters since your bolt has the keyed bolt head. The old pins were .145", the newer ones, .095", the portion of the pin forward the adjustment nut. If your's is the old .145, you'll most likely need to drill out the bolt head to the vent using a #26 ( .147") bit.

Bill