PDA

View Full Version : Where you hunting Monday?

Pages : 1 2 [3]

EFBell
12-03-2011, 08:21 PM
The 220F strikes again! Two deer "Dead Right There" today. A young and tasty doe and a run of the mill 6 pointer. That's 3 shots and 3 deer for the 220F since I bought it. Quite a deadly little package. .

pdog06
12-03-2011, 09:14 PM
The 220F strikes again! Two deer "Dead Right There" today. A young and tasty doe and a run of the mill 6 pointer. That's 3 shots and 3 deer for the 220F since I bought it. Quite a deadly little package. .

Sweet Ed! Gotta love these 22of's. I am at 5 shots for 5 deer with mine.

I didnt go out this morning cause I wasnt feeling too good, but I did take my son out for an afternoon sit this evening. We saw a herd of doe across the open field from where we were gonna hunt. The past few days they have come our way right about dark so i was pretty excited, figuring my son was gonna be seeing a herd of deer in no time. WRONG!!! They stayed way out in the field and never came to the edge.
Although we didnt get any deer, we did have a VERY close encounter with a fox...LOL We were hunting in a make-shift blind behind some briars just off the fields edge, and this fox came out into the field about 75yds away. It hung around for a bit then started making its way toward us. Then it just started walking on a string right at us. My son is down on his knees looking thru the brush at this fox(at eye level with it) coming in. When it stopped we were on one side of the brush and it was on the other, andit was in a staring contest with my son from a mere 8ft away!!!! Impressively my 9yo was dead still and this fox just went right around us. Pretty neat, and my son was amazed.

MrMajestic
12-03-2011, 09:42 PM

Good job! What ammo?

EFBell
12-04-2011, 01:15 AM
PRA20 Remingtons, 2-3/4"

whit
12-08-2011, 06:04 PM
Saw my first buck today. Small 5 point fell to my 116 with the 7mm rem mag barrel. So far this gun killed an elk in NM as a 338 win mag and now this whitetail with the 7 mag. :)

MrMajestic
12-08-2011, 06:52 PM
Well done whit! Sounds like a good season.

woodsman416
12-13-2011, 04:21 PM
Two shots through my 220F at anything other than targets. First one Thursday morning 127 yard shot dropped a doe in her tracks. Second one Friday morning 70 yard, another doe left side quartering to me. Took out the bottom of the heart. Ran about 40 yards. I LOVE this gun!

http://i403.photobucket.com/albums/pp112/woodsman416/003-20.jpg

MrMajestic
12-14-2011, 10:41 AM
Fantastic, great shooting! Savage sure has a winner with that rifle!

pdog06
12-14-2011, 12:38 PM
the 220f's are really stackin them up this year!! I got another doe one with mine last saturday.

I did have my first miss with the rifle though, but it was on a 60yd running doe that i just plain mis judged her leap and shot over her back. Not the guns fault at all, just me being trigger happy.. ::) :D... Bad thing for the doe is that after i missed she ran about 100 yards thru the woods and right into the path of my cousin. She stopped 30yds in front of him for a second to decide where to go, and ended up going straight down!..... ;D

My son didnt get a shot at a buck this season, but now that we know he can shoot doe he is really excited about being able to hunt in 5C for doe till Jan 28th. And best of all, after Christmas he may just have his own gun to shoot ;)

EFBell
12-14-2011, 04:11 PM
Yep, they sure made a winner with the 220F. Keep it quiet though. we don't want the game commission to ban them for being too effective! :-X ;)

lomfs24
12-17-2011, 01:29 PM
So my new boss (one of two) happens to be a deer hunter. He also happens to own a little spread up in Cattawissa that backs up to a big section of state gamelands up in Pa 4-C. So he asks me if I want to come up and hunt with him. So of course he's the boss so naturally I say **** yes. Would not be proper to turn down the boss would it?

I tried hunting with my boss last year. He's a paramedic. He shot his deer and then started to do CPR on it, drop a chest tube and intubated him and wanted to take him to the vet. Worst year ever. Just kidding...but it makes a great story!