PDA

View Full Version : found a 110 fxp3 on 270 win

Nandy
11-23-2011, 03:28 PM
Brand new for 400.00. It has the acutriguer. Is that a good price? What issues can I find finding after market parts? I think it was the flat receiver.

5spd
11-23-2011, 05:53 PM
Midwayusa for ton of parts along with the classifieds here.
Its too late after you buy an item to ask if its a good deal, as long as you are happy with it, then it is IMO...... :)

fgw_in_fla
11-23-2011, 07:02 PM
Don't worry.
You'll like wheather it's plain jane stock or all jazzed up with extra goodies AND if by chance you decide you don't like, My birthday is in 2 months. I'll send you my address.

Nandy
11-23-2011, 07:38 PM
I haven't bought it yet.

fgw_in_fla
11-23-2011, 09:44 PM
My Savage 110 is from 1997 (+ or -) and is in outstanding condition. I shoot at least once a week, usually twice when weather, work & health permit. It's my favorite. All plain jane stock, no frills except a bipod, scope, bedding & trim to float the barrel & tang. Trigger has a light pull. Tupperware stock, a few home brew mods and it loves 130 gr. Nosler BT's. Both rifle & I are good for 3 to 5 rounds in a 1.5 inch circle at 200 yds. I think I like it because the recoil doesn't dislocate my shoulder & I can shoot all day and not need an ambulance to get home. I hear tell from some hunter friends that it can substitute for a 30-06 with distance & kill power.
What the heck, buy it. You'll probably end up blowing the money on something else like rent or groceries or something senseless...
Have a great Thanksgiving. ;)

teebirdhyzer
11-24-2011, 09:49 AM
sounds like a good price to me. If you like it don't wait! I paid $400 for my .270 110 lightly used with a wooden stock, and It has become my favorite rifle. Though The only thing it still wears that it came with is the action and trigger.

fgw_in_fla
11-24-2011, 09:59 AM
TeeBird ---- I take it you replaced the wood stock? Did you not like it? I was considering a wood stock for one of my rifles, just to see how it felt & acted. My .270 has Tupperware rubbery type stuff for a stock. It's kinda sorta sturdy but, I epoxied 2 - 3/16" steel rods in the fore end to stop it from flexing. It also added weight & helped a bit with recoil bounce when on the bench.
My 30 - 06 has a plastc stock. I gave it the same steel rod treatment but it's still a little too flexible for my liking. I'd really like to replace both with nice, light, strong after market stuff but the selection is low & prices are high. I s'pose I was wondering how a traditional sort of wood stock would be...

Have a Great Thanksgiving Y'all!! ;)

teebirdhyzer
11-24-2011, 10:36 AM
Not that I didn't like it. I wanted to have a DBM magazine, and the wood stock that came on the rifle was a blind mag. I actually purchased another wooden stock inletted for the DBM from Numrich to make my conversion and build the way I wanted it.

ellobo
11-25-2011, 08:14 PM
How much would you pay for a good wood stock? Under $100 sound good? fgw, unless you extend those rods back past the recoil lug you wont get much in the way of flex relief as that is the big flex point. As far as inexpensive wood stocks check Numrich website for Savage stocks or check out Boyds. Boyds has drop in stocks for long and short actions as well as stagger feed and centerfeed models. Most are under $100 and for an extra $50 they will checker it. They have three models for the Savage line, which includes a thumbhole stock.

El Lobo