PDA

View Full Version : Is it Savage or Stevens?

fgw_in_fla
11-23-2011, 09:43 AM
I just got a real deal on a new factory barrel from a guy I know. He sold me a brand new factory barrel in 30-06 for $25. He's putting a new Shillen set up on his new, unfired Stevens action & had no use for the barrel so, I grabbed it as a spare for my beloved Savage '06. When I got home, I realised it's a Stevens barrel, complete with Stevens stamping on it.
Now, I recall reading here somewhere that Savage makes their own barrels hence, it would be the same, only different (huh? ???).... You know what I mean. Wheather it's stamped Savage or Stevens it's the same metal, the same machining, the same stuff, it just comes out of a different door at the factory, correct?
Can one of y'all clear up this mystery for me?
I guess I just need to hear it directly from one of our resident Savage gurus.
Thanks once again for any info / input & everyone have a safe & Happy Thanksgiving!
Frank in Fla. ;)

teebirdhyzer
11-23-2011, 10:33 AM
I am by no means a guru, but I beleive they are exactly the same. Everything on a stevens 200 and a savage 110/10 is interchangeable

Eric in NC
11-23-2011, 11:19 AM
Doesn't even come out of a different door at the factory! Just a different roll stamp on it.

82boy
11-23-2011, 12:58 PM
Check out the FAQs section.
http://savageshooters.com/SavageForum/index.php/topic,10750.0.html

fgw_in_fla
11-23-2011, 04:20 PM
As usual... you folks are the best source of info when it comes to Savage stuff.

Thanks again & have a great holiday.

Eat, drink & be merry.... For monday we diet.

fgw_in_fla
11-23-2011, 04:32 PM
Hey 82boy... I just read the piece you put together. Most informative. Very well put together & full of good info.
Thanx for the heads up on that . It also answers my next stoopid question about the stagger feed mag I have. I want to get a different stock but it looks like that won't be happening too soon without a little preplanning, as per your writing.

Thankx again & happy T-Giving to you & yours.

GaCop
11-24-2011, 06:11 AM
Doesn't even come out of a different door at the factory! Just a different roll stamp on it.

+1 there all the same.