PDA

View Full Version : New guy with a question????

jlewis74
11-20-2011, 01:59 PM
I just purchased a new Long Range Hunter in 300 WSM these have the accu-stock and accu-trigger. I am wanting to turn the trigger down a little but I have been reading about having to take the stock off to get to the adjustment screw. I saw the proper procedure for replacing the stock but I am wondering if anyone has done a video of this? I have broke down many guns in my day and always break down my shotguns after every duck hunt but I don't want to screw anything up with this brand new gun.

Thanks for any help!

Jeremy

darkker
11-20-2011, 04:08 PM
You feel comfortable enough to adjust a trigger, but don't feel comfortable enough to remove a stock ???

Flip the gun upside down on your lap, you will see 3 screws. From muzzle-end towards butt-stock, they are: Front action, rear action, and rear trigger guard screws. Remove the action screws and separate stock and gun.
Accu-triggers are known to have springs that are "too light for the system". So please test the trigger by operating the bolt, and slamming it closed several times. Make sure that the trigger doesn't half-drop and get caught by the sear safety. If it does, turn the trigger weight back up.

jlewis74
11-20-2011, 08:46 PM
Unless I am missing something the trigger adjustment itself is just a turn of a screw with the tool they sent with the gun correct? I was more concerned with getting the accu-stock back together the way it should be than the actual taking apart of it.

Cycler
11-20-2011, 09:39 PM
The only "trick' to an Accustock is that the action bolts are in awkward locations. The front one is inside the hinged floorplate housing and the magazine follower gets in the way of the Allen wrench. A velcro strap can be used to compress the magazine spring to get it out of the way. The rear action bolt is under the bolt release in front of the trigger guard and you have to retract the release lever to get to it.

Remove both bolts and the action comes right out. There is a stickey here in this forum describing the torque sequence to reinstall the action in the stock but it's not that difficult.

jlewis74
11-21-2011, 07:25 AM
Thank you very much, the screw under the bolt release was one of the things that I was wondering about.