PDA

View Full Version : Boyds Classic stocks

sniper15545
11-14-2011, 07:59 PM
If anyone out there is in the process of building a sporter build Don't hesitate to buy a Boyds I purchased one last week for a friends build and could not believe to the quality and craftsmanship thats is put into these stocks for $92.00. I was so impressed Now i have to have one for myself. ;D

cdherman
11-20-2011, 08:09 PM
If anyone out there is in the process of building a sporter build Don't hesitate to buy a Boyds I purchased one last week for a friends build and could not believe to the quality and craftsmanship thats is put into these stocks for $92.00. I was so impressed Now i have to have one for myself. ;D

I am contemplating a boyds for a heavy sporter build I am working on. My action in the center feed, later style with the 4.475" spacing, no floor plate or detachable mag. from a 12FVSS orignally, but getting a 26" shilen heavy sporter in 7mm SAUM.

I would being going with the Classic in nutmeg laminate, as I am hopeing it will give a decent wood appearance. I am too traditional to fall in love with plastic and Cerecote....

Sniper15545 -- care to mention what style action you had such a positive experience with? Was it a laminate stock or a walnut one? Did you bed it? Any trouble there?

farmerj
11-26-2011, 02:41 AM
I put a laminated classic stock on to a Model 10 I have in .243. This replaced the factory youth stock.

Now to just bed the thing.

Looking to buy a matching stock for the stevens 200 project I have going on.

sniper15545
11-26-2011, 11:21 AM
The Boyds I used was a stagger feed (long action) And the wood was laminate. The only draw back to the Boyds is sporter onlyand blindmag, But they do make them in center and stagger feed configurations.

ellobo
11-27-2011, 08:58 PM
I have used a couple of Boyds Classic stocks and liked them. The one thing I did was thin them out some as they seemd a bit heavier than need be. The newer design they have, the Prairie Hunter is on my bucket list to restock a custom commercial Mauser rifle I have. You cant go wrong with thier quality and fit for the price. My Savage .35 Whelen has a nice factory laminate on it but I may restock it in the future if I like the one I get for the Mauser. A plus with Boyds now is you can have a stock checkered for an extra $50.

El Lobo

DannoBoone
12-03-2011, 08:07 PM
To each his own life experiences, I guess. Seems to me to be a little on the light side, and have no
complaints with them. First one I got was a butt stock for a TC Encore.....a laminate and great upgrade
from the original stock which had cracked. The second was for a Marlin X7, and fit very well. The third
for a Rem 788, and the fourth for a Rem SA. No complaints on any of them. They apparently have very
modern, less labor intensive ways of making stocks for I can't imagine such good fitting stocks for the
prices they charge. It's mind-boggling. If ever I need another stock, they will be my #1 to go to.