PDA

View Full Version : my mod 10 predator

jraney
11-09-2011, 10:39 PM
hey i have a mod 10 predator with the camo and dbm and a flemsy stock. i was thinking about putting it in a wooden stock. do you all know of any that would be inexpensive but of good quality? i looked at boyds or stocky's not sure which but will look right now, i did not know what to look for i guess becuase i didn't see anything that would work for my gun but like i said that was sometime back and i was not sure what to look for. any help on this would be great. oh the gun is not for anything special, just killing varmints and deer so weight to me is not an issue. i just want something that will not be so flemsy.

thanks j

John Model 10
11-10-2011, 10:55 AM
What style stock are you looking for?

Check out the Bell and Carlson stocks, as well. Light enough that you won't break your back carrying it around and stiff enough to be a big improvement over what came on the rifle.

stomp442
11-10-2011, 12:16 PM
Get one of the light weight varminters from Boyd's. Only 100 bucks and is a great stock.

jraney
11-10-2011, 01:10 PM
the B&C sounds great but the price is all wrong. i would really like to stay under 100$, that is the reason i was looking at the wooden stocks. i found some last night but they were all for blind mags. could i make 1 of the work for my gun with the dbm? or just switch to a blind mag if possible?

bbradford71
11-10-2011, 03:09 PM
$100 is pretty low for a quality stock, try Stockys, there have some stocks on discount http://www.stockysstocks.com/servlet/StoreFront

ellobo
11-10-2011, 06:07 PM
Brad, look at Boyds stocks for under $100 before you pass judgement. The are exellent stocks and they have them for blind magazines and centerfeed magazines. You can get them in walnut and laminate and can have them checkered for $50 more. I have several and love them. Very underated. Plus they have 3 different models to choose from. There are many Savage users that use them.

El Lobo

jraney
11-12-2011, 11:51 AM
if i bought a stock from boyds that was for a blind mag, how could i make this work for my gun? i was not sure if this question was answered earlier so no harm in asking again.

airaddict
11-12-2011, 12:08 PM
Sss will inlet them for the mag frame bottom metal. Reasonably priced to but it the wait thats high cuz of the good work they do. Last i talked to lisa they were 4 weeks out.

Brian

jraney
11-13-2011, 06:50 PM
well that does not seem to bad. it is not like it is the only gun i have. thanks for the info. hey also will the bottom metal on my existing stock work instead of getting something new?

teebirdhyzer
11-14-2011, 10:09 PM
yes, your bottom metal should work fine.