PDA

View Full Version : Which Long Action Fits the Duramax stock?

TORCHRIDER
11-09-2011, 02:25 PM
I am wanting to build a rifle on a Savage long action. Which is the correct long action to buy in order to have it work with the B&C Duramax stock? Do I want a Long action with staggerfeed blind magazine? What about screw spacing? Will that be a drop in fit or will modification of the stock be required? Thanks!

jsthntn247
11-09-2011, 03:36 PM
All long actions have the same screw hole distances and therefore any long action will fit the Duramaxx stock. However, the duramaxx is made for blind magazine models(magazine does not stay in stock when removed). If you have a centerfeed action you will have to have someone mill it out for some type of detachable bottom metal or do like I did and put a Fred Sled single shot load ramp in it.

darkker
11-09-2011, 04:27 PM
http://savageshooters.com/SavageForum/index.php/topic,3883.0.html

GaCop
11-10-2011, 07:44 AM
All long actions have the same screw hole distances and therefore any long action will fit the Duramaxx stock. However, the duramaxx is made for blind magazine models(magazine does not stay in stock when removed). If you have a centerfeed action you will have to have someone mill it out for some type of detachable bottom metal or do like I did and put a Fred Sled single shot load ramp in it.

+1