PDA

View Full Version : Good deal!!!

forcon
11-08-2011, 12:34 PM
Hi Folks,I just became a Savage owner yesterday but I"ve been reading about how accurate they are and decided I would try one out.I priced them at wally world and they told me they could order one for $279 so i figured after hunting season I'd pick one up and check it out for myself.Well yesterday I was at the local Scheel's and I got to handle one and thought it was excellent for the money.They wanted about $330.00 for a package gun which I really wasn't interested in because I have an extra scope laying around that I''m sure is a lot higher quality than what was on this gun.I talked to the salesman for a little bit and he said he thought there was a Savage on the clearance rack. We walked over and sure enough there it was-an Axis in .270.{I was there to buy powder for my Nef .270.}.The original price was $299.00 and it was marked down to $199.00.The guy told me if a gun sits around for a month or so and doesn't sell they put them on clearance.I told him to box it up and I was out the door for $209 and some change.Can't wait to get it to the range,I''ll post a range report as soon as I get a chance.Later.

bbradford71
11-08-2011, 02:18 PM
Can't beat that price, now you have an action to build a rifle off of.

Brent

GaCop
11-13-2011, 06:30 AM
Welcome to the "Brotherhood of the Barrel Nut". Nice price for the Savage. Occassionally, Academy Sports runs a sale on the Stevens 200. I got one in January for $179.00 + tax. I wish they would do this more often.