PDA

View Full Version : More trigger work on Axis, 10 minutes or less, 2#!

skoger
11-07-2011, 09:34 PM
I took an Axis .308 Saturday, worked it over for a buddy of mine. I put in the washer as suggested, took out a lot of slop. I cut 1 and 1/2 coils off the trigger spring, one in the back, strectched to original length. Helped some. I then took the sear, and on the side where it contacts the shelf on the trigger, I polished super smooth on that side with my high speed buffing wheels I use to polish firearms before bluing, 240 and 555 grit compound. Added some Brownells gunslick grease, and put it together, 2# on the nose on my trigger pull gauge. I did not shorten the travel or length of the sear. And all the creep seemed gone, tried all saftey concerns I might have, no problems. Guy shot it the next day, was tickled pink. Just thought I would share, might help someone out. Sam.

DGNY
11-14-2011, 11:42 PM
Sounds good. Could you mention the material/dimensions of the shim/washer you used, please?
Hardware store item or??

I have a new .223 Axis XP coming in this week, and I am interested in tweaking the trigger safely.

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

Dyson

DGNY
11-19-2011, 05:29 PM
Would be great to know the shim dimensions used. My .223 came in and store owner said trigger pull was ~8#, which he got down for no cost to me to a creepy 4#+. So looks like a bit more work in order.

Regards,

Dyson

pure havoc
11-22-2011, 11:29 PM
after the much needed trigger job,, spring , polishing and the shims for the side slop it came out on the digital scale at 3.12#. as far as washers for shims the ones I bought were a little to thick and I put them on a sheet of sand paper and sanded them down just enough until it took out the slop and didnt bind , it took less than 5 minutes of sanding and checking to get it to a perfect fit .
Now I need to get out there and get some rounds ran through this thing , its just been way to windy and rainy here to get it done but with a 4 day weekend things are starting to look good