PDA

View Full Version : Any experience with Accurate-Mag DBM?

BoilerUP
11-07-2011, 08:33 AM
I've got a Manners T4A on order for my 10FP, inletted for CDI bottom metal.

Just recently I've seen a few folks talk about Accurate Mag's DBM setup on the interwebs, and how it fits in the Savage factory 4.4" DBM inlet and allows use of AICS-pattern magazines like the Alpha Type 2. The Accurate-Mag DBM also cheaper than the CDI @ $140 vs. $209.

Just curious if anybody has experience with the Accurate Mag DBM, especially in comparison with the CDI offering.

Thanks!

grizzly59
11-07-2011, 09:23 AM
I just received mine recently from Anthony off another forum. I spoke with him quite a while on the phone before ordering. I thought I made it pretty clear I was hobbyist and not a gunsmith. I also told him I was military and didn't have a workshop. He assured me it was OEM and would drop in. Well, the fit and finish are pretty good except the bottom of trigger guard was scuffed up, it is matte black. Unlike the CDI,this is 2 pieces with trigger guard overlapping the bottom metal. In my case with a 10 FCP and Tupperware stock the pieces didn't line up properly. I sent several emails on different forums and he finally answered this weekend. He said it was OEM and that I should get a competent gunsmith. Needless to say that DIY was the whole point of this exercise. I have built several AR15 type rifles and chose to go with Savage for the DIY aspect. So unless I find a gunsmith in the El Paso or Las Cruces area, I can't use it. In addition, I bought two of their magazines, a 5,10 round. I must say I liked how they snapped into the BM. I haven't used them yet but was very pleased with the magazines. I know they were a GB on SH recently, so you might get good feedback from there.

Mbarnes72
11-07-2011, 05:50 PM
I am no help to this subject other than the only gunsmith I would use in that area is Custom Cartridge in LC. Unless someone new came into the area within the last three years, I would send it off before using anyone else (from experience).

Varget 7-08
11-07-2011, 07:35 PM
No experience with the Accurate BM, but I run CDI on my rifles which is more expensive, but definitely worth the money. I tried saving money by going with another brand of BM on one of my rifles, the difference was drastic. Plus Jeff at CDI is top notch, I've called with a few questions before, and he was great to work with.

grizzly59
11-07-2011, 08:33 PM
To OP, if your interested I will sell it to you for $130 delivered.

BoilerUP
11-07-2011, 08:56 PM
grizzly, what do you mean the pieces "didn't line up" properly?

I saw the video on the website how the trigger guard & bottom metal sort of overlap...I presume the BM includes the "stepped" trigger guard?

grizzly59
11-07-2011, 11:33 PM
I will try and post a couple pics to show what I mean.

bigred94
11-08-2011, 11:12 AM
i have read that the accurate-mags fit the factory savage dbm bottom metal. is this true? i have a 300wsm dbm that i would get the accurate mag for it if it fits the factory bottom metal.