PDA

View Full Version : new 3.44 screw spacing stocks, whos making them?

ttfreestyle
11-05-2011, 10:30 PM
What companies are making stocks for the dual port action similar to the b/c medalist. will be used for FTR shooting. thanks

psharon97
11-05-2011, 10:35 PM
SSS should be able to make the stock in the configuration you need.

ttfreestyle
11-05-2011, 11:04 PM
yea i was afraid you would say that, was hoping someone may have them in stock without the wait but i have two of his stocks and they are TOP NOTCH.

CAPTBEACH
11-06-2011, 11:44 AM
Right now we are trying to get B&C to be more responsive to the Savage market...namely supporting the LA with the Tactical Medalist...maybe you can chime in to them on the LA and the 3.44" screw spacing...I'm pretty sure they all would start out with the same basic stock body or very close to it and then be inlet'ed for the appropriate action requirements. Send B& C an email...

Capt Beach

psharon97
11-06-2011, 10:27 PM
yea i was afraid you would say that, was hoping someone may have them in stock without the wait but i have two of his stocks and they are TOP NOTCH.

Most of your massed produced stocks are going to be for the standard short action in right hand staggard/centerfeed configuration. Long action stocks and left hand stocks are rare and usually you have to get those custom made.

justinp61
11-13-2011, 09:48 PM
I ordered a stock for my FVSS last month from Stockade last month, it should be here mid Feburary :-\.

Dennis
11-13-2011, 11:13 PM
SSS, Stockade, Robertson Stocks

The only ones I know of besides Savage!

ttfreestyle
11-14-2011, 11:15 PM
My Stockade will be on order 20 weeks on the 20th of this month. I have tried to contact sharp shooters so many times on the phone i lost count and also sent email several days ago, still waiting on reply. I have two of sharp shooters stocks that i picked up used and think they are awesome stocks, but... not being able to contact them will probably keep me from ordering a new one from them. To bad because they are great stocks, i hope my stockade is as good when it gets here..

psharon97
11-15-2011, 02:14 AM
Unfortunately, that is the nature of custom work, be it stocks, barrels, or even custom actions. I just placed an order for a custom barrel and stock from SSS a couple of weeks ago. I'm not planning on seeing the finished custom 7mm remington mag until about March of next year.