PDA

View Full Version : Best furniture under $200 for my model 10fp???

chromedome82
11-13-2009, 02:47 PM
Hello again. This is basically a re post due to the fact that the previous post would not let me modify. Anyway I finally have had the chance to save a little cash and would like to find some decent furniture for my bone stock Model 10 FP to reside in. I haven't checked the spacing or the type of feed yet but I do know that it's a lefty and that makes it tricky enough. My budget for this little project is $200 and I would like to get a finished product due to the fact that I have no knowledge of ow to bed or free float anything. :-\ So if you have some tried and true knowledge on this let me know what you got. As always thanks for looking and have a great day.

tinkerer
11-14-2009, 02:13 PM
May I refer you to the Sponsors here, Stocky's and on sale now. Laminates or solids, can't go wrong. Only caveat is Boyd's, not finished with pillars and require bedding.

Larry
Tinkerer

lwink
11-14-2009, 06:43 PM
You could look at the Choate stocks, either a tactical model or the ultimate varminter -- these stocks are all molded and require no finishing at all, and have a full length aluminum block that is probably a pretty good way to go if you don't want to bed your action (although you always can in the future). Also, these stocks all have very large barrel channels so no extra work will be needed to float any barrel (although this means if you shoot a light sporter contour or something similar you'll have a lot of extra room, which could be aesthetically unpleasant).

chromedome82
11-14-2009, 08:43 PM
the Bell & Carlson Medalists Tactical looks like a winner. Has anyone had any experience with this one?

geargrinder
11-14-2009, 10:46 PM
Stockade moneysavers and learn some stuff. :)

You'll have to dremel a medalist.

CL1KKL4C
11-15-2009, 04:58 AM
I agree with the stockade moneysaver. I've been battling with stock decisions for months now. I looked at everything in your price range, I decided to put an order in with stockade for the P/Dog-Tactical. Can't really beat a custom made stock IMO.

dcloco
11-15-2009, 08:48 PM
If you want a Tactical/Varmint stock - either the Choate Varminter or the B & C Tac Medalist are very good. If it is a bench gun with little carrying involved to the prairie dogs, the Choate would be recommended - it is heavier than the B & C.

BrentWin
11-15-2009, 10:01 PM
B&C Duramax, I just like the feel of them. Take the left over $100 and put a SSS trigger on the rifle.

triggerhappy
12-11-2009, 12:15 AM
If you want a Tactical/Varmint stock - either the Choate Varminter or the B & C Tac Medalist are very good. If it is a bench gun with little carrying involved to the prairie dogs, the Choate would be recommended - it is heavier than the B & C.

Compared to the Stockade stocks anything that Choate makes is a TURD. I had one it was like having a cinder block for a stock. I will now only have Stockades on my guns, I have three of their Pd/Tac stocks and am ordering another very soon.

dolomite_supafly
12-11-2009, 12:38 AM

Compared to the Stockade stocks anything that Choate makes is a TURD. I had one it was like having a cinder block for a stock. I will now only have Stockades on my guns, I have three of their Pd/Tac stocks and am ordering another very soon.

+1000

I also have a PDS/T stock from Stockade and in my eyes about perfect for a gun that needs to do everything. It is light enough to carry around, the Choate stocks are heavy. The Stockade stock has been used by people on here for bench guns with success. I have mine in a tactical type build and works great at that as well.

Something else people don't realize is that ALL Stockade stocks are built to YOUR specs, not what they want the specs to be. I ordered mine with additional LOP and without the sling swivel holes drilled. This didn't cost me anything extra. I couldn't be happier with my decision to buy from him.

You are supporting a great guy when you buy from Stockade.

Dolomite