PDA

View Full Version : Savage Bolt Body Question

bbradford71
11-05-2011, 01:05 AM
I am thinking about buying a Pacific Tool & Gauge Savage Bolt Body, are they drop in or is there work that needs to be done to get then in right?

Thanks

jwpark
11-05-2011, 03:31 AM
You'll have to re-adjust the head space as the bolt lengths will be different.

Jay

tyler.woodard04
11-05-2011, 09:57 AM
no you will not have to adjust the head space if it is just the body you are changing. we have been through this before guys. if the same bolt head is used is a drop in fit. some will argue that with me i know.

moorepower
11-05-2011, 10:01 AM
The lugs are on the bolt head, why would the body have any effect on the headspace?

earl39
11-05-2011, 10:08 AM
when you change the bolt body out check your firing pin extrusion and just to be on the safe side check head space. Unless something is way out of whack head space should be fine but to pacify everyone check it anyway it will save a lot of headaches with the forum inlaws hehehe

The lugs are on the bolt head, why would the body have any effect on the headspace?
it won't unless it is way out of spec and you force it to lock up on the bolt handle

82boy
11-05-2011, 11:11 AM
I am thinking about buying a Pacific Tool & Gauge Savage Bolt Body, are they drop in or is there work that needs to be done to get then in right?
Thanks

My understaning is that No it is not a drop in part, you need to have the back turned down so that the baffel will fit.