PDA

View Full Version : Savage questions

commando57
11-03-2011, 11:31 PM
What is the Tupperware stock? Is this the cheap one? What is the Duramax stock? Is this the Accustock? Is the 6br boltface the same as a 308 boltface? Is there a list anywhere of the letters behind the numbers of Savage rifles? I looked for 6br and on the Savage site they had 4 but when I Googled them I was finding some that had magazines and the ones on the Savage site were only single shot rifles. Was I looking at last years models? Thanks for reading this.

placek59
11-04-2011, 12:11 AM
--Yes, the "tupperware" stock is the cheapest version. It is what comes on the stevens 200 and most of the package rifles.
--The Duramax is an aftermarket made by Bell & Carlson which is pretty good for $110 or so. The accustock is a newer factory stock, I've never had one, and I've heard good and bad about them.
---The 6 br boltface is the same as .308 win.
-- Not sure of a list, but they are pretty intuitive if you think about it. Please someone correct me if I'm wrong. VLP = varmint low profile
FVSS= synthetic varmint stainless steel any with a TH= thumb hole stock LH= left hand any with an F=synthetic stock
XP= package gun
--I thought they made a 6br in the "lrpv" Long range precision varmint ( I think) with a magazine, but I don't see it on their site now. Maybe some of the ones you saw when you googled it were custom built...?

edit:
Here is something I found on another site. Also, welcome to the Forum!

AK -Adjustable Muzzle Brake
B -Laminate Stock
C -Clip (Detachable Box Mag.)
F -Synthetic Stock
G -Hardwood Stock
L -Left Hand
LE -Law Enforcement
ML -Muzzleloader
S -No Sights
P -Police
SE -Safari Express
SS -Stainless Steel
U -Ultra High Lustre
V -Long Range (Heavy Barrel)
XP -Package Gun
Y -Youth

psharon97
11-04-2011, 12:50 AM
What is the Tupperware stock? Is this the cheap one? What is the Duramax stock? Is this the Accustock? Is the 6br boltface the same as a 308 boltface? Is there a list anywhere of the letters behind the numbers of Savage rifles? I looked for 6br and on the Savage site they had 4 but when I Googled them I was finding some that had magazines and the ones on the Savage site were only single shot rifles. Was I looking at last years models? Thanks for reading this.

Sometimes stores will run specials where the rifles will have extra features not normally found on the rifles.

thirty06
11-04-2011, 07:37 AM
Look in the FAQ section at top of page.

J.Baker
11-05-2011, 06:55 AM
You'll never find an accurate chart telling what letters mean what with Savage's. The reason why is because Savage can't stay consistent with it. Thirty years ago a letter stood for one thing, 20 years ago they changed it to something else, then 10 years ago they changed it yet again. It's basically alphabet soup - whatever comes up in their spoon is what they'll call it.

The chart in the FAQ section is about as accurate as you'll get, but don't consider it the gospel.

BTW, I'm still waiting for the Model 12 BLTJYCVSNSSS-SR-XP. In case you're confused, that's a stainless steel Model 12 package rifle with a Jacaranda laminate thumbhole youth stock in left-hand with a spiral-fluted varmint barrel, detachable magazine, no sights and threaded for a silencer.

teebirdhyzer
11-05-2011, 10:29 AM
Model 12 BLTJYCVSNSSS-SR-XP

now that's funny! ;D

gotcha
11-05-2011, 01:06 PM
Hmmmmm, Bacon, Lettuce & Tomato plus a whole lot of other ingredients ?