PDA

View Full Version : Savage Model10FP fails to fire.....

DutchH
11-02-2011, 09:57 AM
Yesterday while at the range my Savage Model10FP .308 was firing just fine as it's done with hundreds of rounds then all of a sudden it quit. I keep the AccuTrigger set on the lightest pull and noticed before it completely quit firing the AccuTrigger would click when pulled it and I'd have to cock the bolt back partially then reseat it for it to fire. Then it stopped firing completely and I could hear trigger action yet no marks were on the shell primer indicating the firing pin didn't move. I don't understand this trigger system well enough to start disassembling it and hope it's something others have experienced and can relate a simple repair. Could it be a problem caused by the trigger being adjusted to max on the light pull side ?....I'd appreciate any help in fixing this problem as I don't want to send the gun to Savage for repair...

keeki
11-02-2011, 10:03 AM
add some weight to the trigger, its too light and is releasing before accustop is unlocked.

Rick_W
11-02-2011, 04:22 PM
May or may not be your problem, but...

Ensure you are pulling the blade of the AccuTrigger STRAIGHT back.

If you pull it to either side, you can have the same syptoms.

DutchH
11-02-2011, 05:08 PM
add some weight to the trigger, its too light and is releasing before accustop is unlocked.

Thanks...I thought that may be the cause by the way it was acting,hopefully that will correct the problem...Dutch

DutchH
11-02-2011, 05:11 PM
May or may not be your problem, but...

Ensure you are pulling the blade of the AccuTrigger STRAIGHT back.

If you pull it to either side, you can have the same syptoms.

Rick....I think Keeki has the answer as I've fired many rounds through this rifle with no problems until yesterday and even then I fired over 30 rounds before it quit on me...Now if I can locate my trigger adjustment key....Dutch